Wednesday, February 29, 2012

FO: Blooming Fuchsia Shawl

Originally I designed this shawl not for Mystery KAL because I thought this is a simple triangle design and nothing new about it. However, I really wanted to do mystery KAL and many people in the forum seemed like the idea. So, in the end I published this pattern as my first Mystery KAL.

Since this is my first Mystery KAL, I was really nervous that people would not like the pattern. There were times I regret my decision to publish this as mystery KAL, but I could not do anything about it anymore.
I was very happy that people seems to like the pattern. There are more than 100 projects in Ravelry. For me this number is good enough and considered this Mystery KAL a successful one.

Since the KAL is over, it’s time to reveal the FO. Tadaaaa!



Pattern: Blooming Fuchsia
Source: Here
Materials: Rendezvous Yarn 100% Merino Superwash (Blooming Fuchsia color) light fingering weight 1 skein (100g, 490 yards)
Qty: 1 x 100 gram (490 yards)
Needles: 3.5 mm (US 4) and 4.5 mm (US 7) circular needles
Start Date: 5 December 2011
Finish Date: 14 December 2011
Finished size: 53" wide by 27.5" deep



I love making this shawl and as soon as I finished blocking, I immediately planning to make another one, larger one. Too bad, I couldn’t do it because I was out of yarn at that time. I have the yarn now, but I have already in the middle of other project, so I guess I will do it in the future.



Another thing is that originally I designed this shawl without beads, however, somebody asking whether it is possible to put beads. In the end I added beads on the pattern as an optional.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job! It came out lovely. I think the lines on it are very striking, and the color choice was spot-on.